Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Teaser Tuesday & Tuney Tuesday--June 19, 2012


 Happens at the Miz B should be reading. For official rules go to her website. Don't forget to link up.

Current read: Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen


Scarlet

Teaser: "It were our home," I said, soft as I coul.d manage. I didn't know if the others heard. "She's a tough old tree," Rob said, his voice tough and farther away. "She might last." (page 84)

 Happens at Journey of an Aspiring Young Author (JAYA) and Eileen's blog Singing, Reading, and Writing in the Rain. Go to one of their blogs for official rules. Don't forget to leave a comment.

My Song (I choose the one Eileen did) Alone by Kelly Clarkson

When we're driving in your car it's like I'm on my own (yeahhhh)
I can't ask you how you are, you're always on the phone,
And when we kiss I feel so empty,
I really wish you knew what's been on my mind,
You're gonna miss me so get ready,
I'm about to tell you why

'Cause when I'm with you I'm alone,
No matter what you say,
I hope you know, woahh, that I'm alone,
You say you're gonna change,
But I know you won't woah-oh

When you look me in the eye it's like you're far away (yeaahh)
Some pretty legs go walking by, your gaze is wandering (yeahhh)
It's such a shame that you don't notice,
The way that everybody's looking at me,
Get off the train this love is hopeless,
Feeling like I'm gonna sing,

'Cause when I'm with you I'm alone,
No matter what you say,

I hope you know, woahh, that I'm alone,
You say you're gonna change,
But I know you won't woah-oh

Well here is something you don't know about me,
When you pushed me out I found something better, you'll see,
When you were paying no attention to me
I found somebody who can treat me right

When I'm with him I'm not alone
It gets better every day
I hope you know, ohh, I'm not alone,
It's never gonna change
I hope you know
when I'm with you I'm alone,
No matter what you say,
I hope you know, woahh, that I'm alone,
You say you're gonna change,
But I know you won't woah-oh

I'm not alone.
I'm not alone.
—eLyrics.com


My review:
I liked the tempo/beat of this one; it's a fast song. It's one of those shehasaboyfriendwhodoesn'tloveheranymoreandshefindssomeoneelsewhohasbeenthereallalong type of songs. (Think Taylor Swift's you belong with me).
I love that she does find someone who truly loves her and that she truly loves, and that she's able to tell the guy that he's not lovin' her right. So many girls stay in abusive relationships or just ones that aren't good for them, and it takes a strong woman to get out.
I love how she recognizes the idea that without love, we ARE alone. Love is the basis for relationships and stability in those relationships. I'm glad Kelly Clarkson finds someone to be with, someone to love and be loved by, so she is NOT ALONE.

Please comment, leave your own links below if ya like. Have a great Tuesday, yall. Love, Rachel