Monday, June 4, 2012

Armchair BEA Day 1


This year, for the first time ever, I am participating in the Armchair BEA. It's very exciting and new for me, because I've never done it, and I feel like I'm taking the next step as a reader by doing this.

For those of you who are new, here's a little bit about me.

Like my blog says I'm a book crazy, Jane Austen Lovin' Gal. Jane Austen is the reason I created this blog. It used to be called My Jane Austen Obsession, but then I figured out I wanted to blog about more than just her books. Although I still do my 1 a month "sequels" (yall will understand if you read some of my very first posts!) I've been blogging since January 2011 as a project for my junior year creative writing class. I've stuck with it for over a year! I am book obsessed and I do love Jane Austen, but I am not from the south and I do not have an accent. I volunteer at Camp Barnabas, a camp for kids with special needs and a lot of volunteers there are Texans. Although, I don't see why I can't be a Gal just because I'm not from Texas:)

I also want to be a writer, and am going to write my own book this year (so excited!) I'm a Baptist, but I'm not one of those religious-shove-it-down-your-throat-people, although I do take my faith seriously and am very intense and wise and deep. I know a lot for a my age, and I don't know a lot for my age. But I am only 17. YES I am a high school graduate!! If you haven't figured it out yet, I am not just book crazy, I am crazy as in crazy wild and also crazy about life. I am that woman who grows up but still has the heart of a little girl in a dress with two swinging braids. I believe in havin' a purpose and using the gifts God gave us. I am that woman who always laughs, always smiles, always gives hugs, is always happy and excited to see you, is forever bright and optimistic.

I'm on GoodReads as Rachel Rooney and Twitter as @RachelRooneyr. For more about me, see my profile on the side of my blog.

Now on to the Interview.



    What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?
Well, I'm currently reading Nights of Rodanthe when I'm not busy. Being a student is very demanding; the book sits in my backpack, and I haven't gotten past page 1. As for my favorite books (I have 3!): The Girl of Fire and Thorns, Delirium, and North of Beautiful. While I've read SO MANY GOOD BOOKS, these are the top 3.
    Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.
I'm fascinated with bubbles. I've been to Eulethera, where I stood between the Atlantic and Caribbean sea. I paint with watercolors. I can't drive. I dream of having a blond and curly haired daughter named Selah. Summer is my favorite holiday, but I love spring too. I want to learn how to play the accordion. Bethany Hamilton is my hero. I want a tattoo, but I don't know where I would get it. I cannot just do "one"thing. Ever.
    What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)?
Ummmmm I don't really have anything specific to my blog, except its craziness.
    Where do you see your blog in five years?
Honestly, I don't think I'll be blogging for that long. As much as I love blogging, my goal was 2 years. I don't know if I see myself doing it for 5.
    Which is your favorite post that you have written that you want everyone to read?
My recommendation is: the best books I've read in 2011.
    If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?
I mean, obviously Jane Austen. For the obvious reasons. Other than her, Melina Marchetta. I want my stories to have as much mystery, driving force, beauty as hers. Her books are awesome, and so is she.
    What literary location would you most like to visit? Why?
I'd love to visit Shakespeare and Company in Paris, France. Because I'd love to live as a writer for free, have that be my life, learn French, be in the city of light and love, and have many fabulous adventures.

    What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years?
I love the blog hops and I love being on GoodReads. I love it when people comment on my blog (hint, hint:)
    Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How?
I don't know if my reading tastes have really changed. I think I'm just more in the know about which books are good, ya know I'm up to date with the (book) times.

Please comment below, leave your links, love God, love everyone you know, and peace out of here. Love and laughs, Rachel