Friday, June 8, 2012

Follow Friday--June 8, 2012

Gain New Blog Followers

I know it's been a while since I did one of these. I took a break in August/May because I was so busy with finals and graduation and then taking sociology and microeconomics at college over the summer. Basically these hops work like this: go to alisoncanread.com, follow her and the feature (there's a new one every week), answer the Q, and link up when you're done with your post.

The Feature for this week is:
Parajunkee's View
(who is a co-host of the FF)

Today's FF is "do your own thing." Mine is Songs & Books!

Answer:I love music that reminds me of book I've read or am reading. There's a lot of music out right now from the Hunger Games movie--Safe and Sound, Eyes Open, Come to the Water, Deep in the Meadow, Girl on Fire. Most often songs nowadays remind me of dystopia novels. Of women in worlds that tell them they are not strong enough to survive and live on the outside. Cassia from Matched/Crossed. Lena from Delirium/Pandemonium. Juliet from Shatter Me. Katniss, too. When it comes to who they love, I have two songs I esp LOVE: Holding on and letting go (Ross Copperfield) and Collie (Howie Day). Most importantly are the songs that remind me of Downton Abbey or Pride and Prejudice, but I won't list them all here, because there's so many! I will leave this FF with a Q: Don't ya just love LOVE?