Friday, June 8, 2012

Armchair BEA Day 5

So it's ABEA Day 5, the final day. And I must say that as much as I loved it, I'm ready for it to be over, simply because I'm tired. I've determined I have a coffee/caffeine addiction. I drink so much coke soda and coffee, yall. Today I had two cups of joe in the morning, 2 cups two hours after, and a soda at 3. And at 5 I wanted another soda. It required so much time and energy with each post. I loved all the twitter parties. I loved meeting so many new people, authors, publishers, other book bloggers and readers like myself. I love everyone and anyone who has commented on this blog or who has taught me something about blogging. Shout-outs go to Eileen at Singing, Reading, and Writing in the Rain for making my blog button (see the right side bar) and to Lauren Oliver, Tahereh Mafi, Josephine Angelini, and @tiftalksbooks on twitter for being a host. And thanks to the hosts of the ABEA blog. Also thanks to my family for understanding why I needed to use the computer so much this week. And my incessant talking about the ABEA.
Okay on to today's topic: Ask The Experts. In your post, ask the visitors to your blog for blogging advice. What did you always want to know about blogging but were afraid to ask? Now is the time!

I've learned so much, but I still have so much I want to learn. So now I will post the Qs yall have inspired me to ask, that I have never even really considered before.

1. How can I create a header for my blog? Any suggestions for what it should look like?
2. Someone tell me about Library Thing and how to use it. Last post, someone commented saying it was a good way to get ARCS and a good place to post reviews, and I started an account but I had a hard time managing it.
3. Will you find me on GR? I'm there are Rachel Rooney, and I have a profile picture, same one that I use on my twitter account.
4. THIS IS MOST IMPORTANT How How How can I get an ARC copy of Requiem by Lauren Oliver, because she's driven me crazy!
5. Songs and Books. See my FF post. Any recommendations for music I should be listen' to?
6. How awesome is the Hunger Games? (movie and book) I haven't seen the movie yet! (that too is driving me crazy!)
7. How can I put up a list of other blogs I read? Because I see it on yall's blogs, but I don't know how to do it.
8. How can I know what times people are most likely to read my posts so I can schedule them that way?
9. How can I encourage commenting on my blog?
10. Is there are right way to host a giveaway?

Okay, that's all I got, but if I have more I'll post them here. Please comment and I will comment back on your blog. Have a great Friday and have a great weekend and happy reading!

Love, Rachel