Thursday, December 22, 2011

Read Dystopia Challenge 2012

hosted at The Book Journey by Sheila

I love challenges! Really I didn't do any this year (2011) so I really want to get into it in 2012. Yeah, you could argue that I don't know if I really love challenges. Although I did do a read-a-thon.

4-6 Dystopia Books read in 2012: Intermediate Post World Trainee
So I'm going to try to read 4-6 books. I was surprised at how I liked some dystopia novels that I read this year, especially when I thought I wouldn't get into those types of books. Now I just want to read some more of them. Try them out a little bit more.

Below are the definitions of dystopia:
dystopia
an imaginary place where the conditions and quality of life are unpleasant. The opposite of Utopia.
dystopia – a work of fiction describing an imaginary place where life is extremely bad because of deprivation or oppression or terror.
 Books I might read for the challenge:

Animal Farm – George Orwell
Birthmarked – Caragh OBrien
Delirium – Lauren Oliver
Divergent – Veronica Roth
Eve – Anna Carey
The Handmaids Tale – Margaret Atwood
The Host by Stephanie Meyer
The Passage – Justin Cronin
This World We Live In – Susan Beth Pfeffer
When She Woke by Hillary Jordan

There's 10 books on that list. But I don't have to read them all. Or I can. Either way, I'm going to start out at 4-6 books. Who knows how many I'll read?