Saturday, December 3, 2011

Follow Hop Friday December 1, 2011






Click the picture above to participate! Thanks for hopping with me yall!

RULES To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules: 

  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
  2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers - Fic Book Reviews & Lauren Gets Literal.
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say "hi" in your comments and that they are now following you.
  5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  7. If you're new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
Happy Follow Friday! Follow it up with your twitter address if you want to get that one out!

Question: What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to books? Maybe you don't like love triangles or thin plots? Tell us about it!

My answer: I don't like it where there aren't any answers in a book. It just really bugs me not knowing. An example of this (although I still enjoyed the book) is Crossed by Ally Condie. I had to read it twice just to figure out what was going on.  It's usually with sequels, and then you have to wait for the next book. I hate waiting, so this is a pet peeve for me. Also, deaths. I don't like it when characters I like die. And I don't like books that are knock offs of other books, especially fairy tales. Authors need to come up with their own ideas! Another pet peeve is where kids in middle school are in a book, and act older than they really are. It just ruins a novel for me. The worst pet peeve though, is those books where it's "girl is obsessed with guy who doesn't know she exists and she's blind to the guy that loves her." I just want to shake those girls and force them to wake up. It annoys the beans out of me. Some love triangles are good, though, but I wouldn't say I'm a bad fan of them. Other pet peeves are this upsurge (is that a word) is dystopian novels? What about writing how the world was good?  I'm a major hypocrite here, because I do read dystopian, I just wonder it affects people and what it says about our world. Like, if people write stories about good things, world is good in reality. So that makes me wonder what's going on. Lastly, is all these series that are out. What happened to stand-alone novels? Those are good too, and I wanted them to come back! This is my plight.

Oh, one more thing. I've decided that I don't like ratings on books. What if I like a book, that most people rate as 3/5 stars? (that's like giving it a D for grade). I think rankings are a bad way to describe/judge books. And that's what I learned about books and what I think about them today. (not that it's really a pet peeve, I just noticed the effects of rankings on my mind when I'm thinking about books). So I ask you, my beloved readers, does that happen to you? Do rankings on a book effect what you think of it beforehand/after, or make you not want to read it at all? Please tell me it's not just me! Haha, I'm sure I'm not goin' crazy. Love yall, Rachel


Wow I wrote a lot. It's okay if you don't read all of it. But it's not okay if you don't leave a comment below! (I am not joking, I will cry if you don't. Okay I am joking, but still leave a comment!)