Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Teaser and Tuney Tuesday--July 3, 2012


Hosted by Miz B at should be reading. Go to her website for offical rules. Don't forget to link up and comment.

I have two teasers this week (one is from a NG book)
The Mermaid ChairI've owned this for a while and got it from BookMooch because I loved the Secret Life of Bees. Hoping this one will live up to it. Have also heard there is a movie so I might have to get that too. Love good movies.

My read: The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd

My teaser: Something struck me then: I'd never done any of those things my mother had done. Never danced on a beach. Never made a bonfire. Never waded into the ocean with laughing women and tied my life to theirs (pg 91).


This other teaser is from one of those "currently reading" books I got on Netgalley. I actually think I'm going to finish it. Amazed that I am actually reading an ebook.

My read: Damsel in distress by Heather Graham

Teaser: Then she felt the fire and steel in his fingers. And when he looked at her, she saw the silver triumph in his eyes (pg 173).

Tuney Tuesdays is hosted at JAYA and Eileen Li's blog. Click the button for official rules and don't forget to comment.

Well there hasn't been a particular song that I've listened to this week. But I am reading the mermaid chair and I DID come across this song/music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDYLxzz5qHA
It's the Secret Garden--Theme from the Mermaid Chair and it's such beautiful playing! Please listen and hope you enjoy!


If you know any music that would go along with The Mermaid Chair please say so below leave your own links so I can get back to yall. Thanks & Love, Rachel