Wednesday, January 12, 2011

the ending, I loved it, dreams come true

I finished Pride and Prejudice yesterday. I loved it. As much I do the movie. Almost more. And the ending was perfect. The only part that is better in the movie is Darcy's second proposal. I've taken the liberty to request some more books out from the library, now having finished P&P. They are, along with their authors: Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen, Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell, Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen, Anything but Normal by Melody Carlson, Meant to be by Melody Carlson. While I am waiting for all of these to come in, I will try to read some more of Major Pettigrew's last stand and hopefully get to chapter eight by the end of the month. Or at least, that's the goal. By the way, did you know that according to the British survey which Jane Austen character are you? I am Catherine Morland? That's why I requested that particular book.

Other than my readings, I am also having to choose classes for my next year in high school. There are a lot of interesting classes out there and I'm having a hard time deciding. But I have made some decisions; I'm going to take English lit and comp ACC, advanced chemistry, pre-calculus, and Spanish four. I also have to take another semester of practical arts, which makes me a little mad. Really. Because what's the point of practical arts? I don't know what I'm going to do about that yet, but I guess I will just have to pick and take one. But I sure do wish I didn't have to. I'm thinking about taking a semester class called Voices of Dissent. It is about protest literature and it sounds very interesting. I signed up for it this year, but not enough people signed up so the school didn't have it as a class. So I hope to take it next year. And I think it will be a good class to take since I will most likely major in English in college. I don't know where I am going to college. The search has been really long, tiring, and tenuous. And I still have a long way to go in the search to find what I'm looking for. But I'll get there. I'll get there.

As for other plans, I want to join the Peace Corps because I want to travel. I hope to go somewhere where I can speak Spanish and learn more about the language, because I really like Spanish. I want to learn French and German also, because I want to do a lot of travelling and hiking and backpacking in Europe. I also want to drive all the way up the west coast of America one day. Maybe with the other women of my family. Maybe with my kids. But I know it's something I want to do. It's a dream. I want five to six kids but I don't want to get married until I'm 30. I think 30 is a good age to get married. I might also major in biology and I plan on going to law school. I have big dreams. Big dreams. And I'm going to make them come true.

BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD.-Gandhi