Wednesday, December 26, 2012

It's not about that!

I was going to write a blog post about the whole Merry Christmas vs Happy Holidays debate/argument. Now I'm not going to. 
Because that's not what Christmas is about. 
Christmas is about CHRIST. 
After all that's why it's called CHRISTMAS. 
The whole MC vs HH is not about freedom of speech vs being politically correct and not offensive to other religions. 
10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. --Luke 2:10-11 (NIV) 
Do you see it????? 
The good news of Christ's birth is for everyone!!! 
Jesus came to take away the sins of the world, because 
HE LOVES US THAT MUCH 
It's not about what you say, it's about how you LIVE
so all we can do in 2013 is try to live the best we can!
How to do that, you might ask?
My advice would be to read the Bible about how Jesus lived and try to live that way.
Jesus lived a life of love and compassion.
I don't think he would be offended by people saying Happy Holidays or Seasons Greetings. In fact, I think Seasons Greetings is a really cute, um, greeting actually:)
The Christmas season is about love and compassion, because it is about celebrating Christ's birth.
I know there's a big debate out there about secularism and Christianity and I know that to be a Christian means to be against the world.
I think that Jesus would want everyone, even people who don't believe in him, to be with their families on Christmas.
Maybe those people will come to believe in him one day.
I hope so.
I hope everyone had a  lovely Christmas and I encourage you to think about Jesus this season as you drive past the nativity scenes and the lights (Jesus is the Light of the world), as  you snuggle with your kids or grand kids or pets (Jesus loved), and as you exchange gifts with your loved ones.
Jesus Christ was the best gift that was ever given and I would encourage you to take time to remember that.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Seasons Greetings everyone! Love, Rachel

For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given,
    and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
    Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
--Isaiah 9:6 (NIV)