Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Teaser and Tuney Tuesday--August 7, 2012



Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading. And since I plan on doing these more regularly, I've switched over to the new button even though I liked the older one better. Oh well. I'm reading two books right now.

Stealing Heaven"Hey, Dani, I think I see a place to sit," Greg says. I like the way he says my name, the name I've always wanted for the me I've never gotten to be. "Yeah, yeah, I'm coming," I tell him, and watch him smile.

SeaMy favorite little girl didn't walk; she bounced. "Hello!" She said, skipping up to us, the last glow of sunset painting her white jilbab pink.

Tuney Tuesday is hosted by JAYA and Eileen at singing and reading in the rain.

My song: What do I know of Holy--Addison Road

I made You promises a thousand times
I tried to hear from Heaven but I talked the whole time
I think I made You too small, I never feared You at all, no
If You touched my face would I know You?
Looked into my eyes, could I behold You?

What do I know of You who spoke me into motion?
Where have I even stood but the shore along Your ocean?
Are You fire? Are You fury? Are You sacred? Are You beautiful?
What do I know? What do I know of Holy?

I guess I thought that I had figured You out
I knew all the stories and I learned to talk about
How You were might to save
Those were only empty words on a page
Then I caught a glimpse of who You might be
The slightest hint of You brought me down to my knees
(From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/a/addison-road-lyrics/what-do-i-know-of-holy-lyrics.html)

What do I know of You who spoke me into motion?
Where have I even stood but the shore along Your ocean?
Are You fire? Are You fury? Are You sacred? Are You beautiful?
What do I know? What do I know of Holy?

What do I know of holy?
What do I know of wounds that will heal my shame?
And a God who gave life it's name?
What do I know of holy of the One who the angels praise?
All creation knows Your name on earth and heaven above
What do I know of this love?

What do I know of You who spoke me into motion?
Where have I even stood but the shore along Your ocean?
Are You fire? Are You fury? Are You sacred? Are You beautiful?
What do I know? What do I know of Holy?

What do I know of Holy?
What do I know of Holy?

My response: I've been working on my testimony a lot this week and I got a chance to share it--or part of it, it was a little too long, I didn't realize--on Monday. This song just really wraps up all of the doubts and questions I had before I decided that God is God, I am not, and that I need to let go and let God. The third stanza is really important to me, because that's how it was for me. I had learned all about God, but I didn't know who He is. But then I got a glimpse of him and it did bring me down to my knees, it did make me understand that who am I to doubt the God of the Universe who loves me more than I will ever more? Who I am? He truly is that Holy.

Here is a Addison Road singin' it live. I have actually seen them in concert too. It was amazing. Love all their songs. Bought their CD Stories. They are one of my favorite bands. Yall should check out more of their music esp if yall like this song. (This song is my fav of theirs!)