Saturday, August 4, 2012

Summer Wrap-up Read-a-Thon (1)

 Summer Wrap-Up Read-a-Thon

It's weird to think that summer is coming to a close. It feels like it went by really fast! I took summer classes at community college, worked at a day camp for preschoolers three days a week, went to Colorado on Mission Tour, read some good books, hung out with my cat and my friends too, spent way too much time on twitter, went to the community pool, went to several BBQs...I did so much this summer!

In honor of Summer, I am doing this read-a-thon. With a button like that, how could I not? I love smiling suns and books. Without futher ado, here are the books I plan on reading this week.

Twelve Extraordinary Women: How God Shaped Women of the Bible, and What He Wants to Do with YouI'm about halfway done with this one, but it's taken me three weeks just to get there, so I'm hoping to finish it.

Stealing HeavenThis one has been on my TBR list for a long time and it sounds really good, so I'm excited to read it.

Three Rivers Rising: A Novel of the Johnstown FloodI picked this one out randomly from the library shelves. I'm going into it with very few expectations so I hope it'll surprise me and be good. Although I think it's going to be sad, because it's about a flood and a love story. Eager to see how it goes.

SeaI had no idea what this book was about when I got it from the library. But I knew that it was on my TBR list and that I loved the cover. It's such a beautiful cover.

Cold MountainI tried to read this one the last time I did a read-a-thon but I didn't get to it. I've tried to read it so many times, but haven't been able to. Hoping I will get to this time.

Homer's OdysseyIn celebration of cats. They are awesome.

The Last Summer (of You and Me)Pretty sure I bought this at a library sale for 1.50. It's been on my bookshelf for a while and seeing as I have this water/beach/water them I thought I should read it.

The Sharp TimeI got this book from Ruby's Reads Spring Exchange. I've been so busy that I just left it on my bookshelf, but I'm ready to read it now.

Last of the SealsA review book. Enough said.

So yep, these are all the books I'm hoping to get through. I might, or I might not. I don't usually get through all the books I want to in a week or two, but who knows?