Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Read-a-Thon (4) The End

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon


Boys, Bears, and a Serious Pair of Hiking Boots
So I finally did finish The Sun Also Rises by Hemingway. And I read Dewey. After that I decided not to read Three Cups of Tea and read Boys, Bears, and a Serious Pair of Hiking Boots by Abigail McDonald, which was hilarious.
I think the problem I had with this challenge was that the books I picked were heavy and it would have been better to pick lighter reads. Dewey was a good choice, but Hemingway's book was meaningless and didn't give me anything. But I did read 3 books, so I don't consider it a complete failure. Maybe not a success, but not a failure. And now I know some things for my next read-a-thon.

Mini Challenge: Recommend two books.

The first is any book of your choice. Pick any book you want and tell me and the world why it should be read and loved.

The second is what you would pick as your favorite of the read-a-thon. You can chose to answer this question now, during the third day, or I'll give you one extra day to give that book just waiting to be picked up a chance. :)

So my first book would obviously be Pride and Prejudice because it's a love story with a happy ending and it's Jane Austen. What's not to love about the adorable Bennett family, the wonderful Mr. Darcy, and the stubborn Lizzy? It's a perfect book, just perfect.

The second is obviously Boys, Bears, and a Serious Pair of Hiking Boots. It was light and funny read and it made me laugh. The main character is into saving the planet and global warming, but learns in the Canadian wilderness that what she knows and real life doesn't always work together. She has some tough and funny moments with the guys and teenagers of the town. Hilarious book.