Saturday, July 23, 2011

Follow Hop 22July11

I got this from Bookworm 1858. Just another new thing I'm trying out! It's hosted at Crazy for Books. 


Q. "Name 3 authors who you would love to sit down and spend an hour or a meal with just talking about either their books or get advice on writing from." 

A: Okay so obviously I would pick Jane Austen. I would also pick Melina Marchetta, author of Jellicoe Road. I just love her novels, the mystery and suspense and imagery she puts into them. Hmm, for the last one I think I would have to go with Rick Riordan or Sarah Dessen. I love all the historical allusions in his novels, but I love how her novels are so real life ish. 

Q. "What’s the ONE GENRE that you wish you could get into, but just can’t?"

 A: The-genre-of-not-so-happy-endings. I hate cliffhangers. I hate it when the bad guy gets his way. I hate it when something bad happens to the good guys. Other than, I really don't like those end-of-the-world-oh-no novels. I think its called dystopian.  Hard to spell. I'm also not into zombies, vampires and werewolves, no zombies.