Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Challenges

So as everyone knows, I go a little bit crazy during January over challenges. Last year I did signed up for 7 challenges--completed 3, forgot about 2, partially completed 1, and then read 92 books out of 110 for my GR challenge.

This year, I've set the same number of books for my GR challenge--110 in hopes that I can do it this year. I feel like it's a good goal for me still, although I do watch more tv in college and read less.

Other than that the I've decided only to participate in 2 other challenges. I'm telling myself now that I will not sign up for more.


I did this one in 2012 and I really enjoyed doing it. Last year I read Wuthering Heights and  Pride and Prejudice ( I read it every year) for the classics. I read some Nicholas Sparks: Nights in Rodanthe, Safe Haven, The Choice, A Walk to Remember, Dear John, ect. I also read the Lauren Holbrooke trilogy which I really loved as well as some other stand along contemporaries.

This year I want to read some more classics, such as Sense and Sensibilities and Wives and Daughters. I also want to read The Princess Bride because I love the movie and want to read the book. I also have a few more of Sparks' books to read, such as The Guardian and The Best of Me. I'm very excited for Safe Haven (by NS) to come to theaters this year! I'm going to be very sad the day I find out that I've read all of Nicholas Sparks' books.


The other challenge I'm doing is the YA Contemporary Challenge. I don't know what books I'm going to read for it yet, but my GR shelf (blank) is here: http://www.goodreads.com/user_challenges/592855
I'm going to look through some books and add them throughout the year. My goal is to read five books for this challenge.
Also looking back at last year's challenges, I realized I signed up for this one last year, see here

If you would like to participate--
challenge one is hosted at bookworm 07
challenge two is hosted at katie's book blog

What challenges are yall doing in 2013???? I love comments!