Thursday, February 23, 2012

Little Girl Gone

Little Girl Gone

When Madora meets Willis, she thinks he is her guardian angel. He saved her from a life of no hope, and 5 years later all she wants is a life with him. Willis is in training to be a doctor and is quite selfish, manipulating Madora into staying with him. Until she kidnaps a pregnant girl named Linda and imprisons her in the trailer behind the house. When Linda has her baby, Madora's world changes. When a boy named Django enters her world, and her love for Willis turns dangerous, she is forced to do the right thing.

This is one of those books that I didn't know how I felt while I was reading, but afterwards I hated it. Little Girl Gone made me think, and it was beautifully written. Madora, Linda, Willis are hard characters to comprehend, but I think the author wanted it that way. I love Madora and Django's names, very creative. The ending is the best part, as yall know, I'm a sucker for endings. It's a beautiful ending like the prodigal daughter return home. And there's a dog. Foo is a pit bull terrier who loves Madora and goes with her everywhere. I always like it when a book has a dog in it.

Note: I got this book from the author in exchange for a free review. This is no way influenced my opinions or views, which are my own.