Friday, February 17, 2012

Follow Friday--February 16, 2012

Gain New Blog Followers

Hosted by Alison at alisoncanread.com. To participate follow the hosts and the feature blog. Basically click the picture.

Q: I like unique names for characters and am looking forward to coming up with some when I start writing. What's the most unique character name you've come across?

A: Okay, I know this isn't a character name, but it's the name of an author. Tahereh. It's pronounced Tah-here-rah, and it's such a pretty name. Tahereh Mafi is the author of Shatter Me, which I reviewed earlier this month.
I also loved Cassia in Matched and Crossed. It's pronounced Cash-uh, and I think it's really pretty too. It's a type of plant that blooms in winter. Spelled with a K it is an allusion to the Byzantine lady who was poet and composer. I actually got to hear Ally Condie talk about how she picked Cassia for it's literary and natural elements.
In Breaking Dawn, Renesmee. I love her name. She's also one of my fav characters, and in my opinion the only reason BD is worth reading. I just saw the movie, and yes I will have a review of it soon.
There are lots of unique names in the following:
Finnikin of the Rock
Eragon
Breaking Dawn
The Red Tent
Lord of the Rings
The Hunger Games
Tears of Min Brock
Shakespeare's plays

Please leave a comment below! Have a happy Friday yall!