Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April Afternoons (4)

File:Pink flowers Dalat.jpg


April Afternoons is happening here at MJAO every Tuesday (or Wednesday).

I've been really busy the past couple of weeks working on a historical fiction paper for class. Other than that I've also been working on a One-Act play, when I'm not doing math or chemistry even. Gosh I hate homework.

I joined Book Mooch so if any of you readers are on there you can friend request me if you like.

I also signed up to be review for Book Sneeze. I'm quite excited about that.

Last week on Amazon I ordered Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell and it came this week. It's 600 pages. I did not see that coming.

I'm saving it for summer reading, along with Major Pettigrew's Last Stand and the Three Books (below).

I'm also signing up for a Aussie Reading Challenge. I'm not an Aussie, by the way.

This is the button. It's suppose to go on the sidebar but I don't know how to put it there.

The Challenge is as following: Read at least 6 young adult books by Australian authors from 1st January, 2011 to 31st December, 2011.They can be old or new titles, however no re-reads.
 Books for the Challenge: (my picks)

I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak
Looking for Alibrandi by Melina Marchetta
Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar
Everything Beautiful by Simmone Howell
Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta
The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta

I've already read (not for the challenge) The Book Thief (which I also own, too) and Jellicoe Road (which I don't own but would like to. Loved it.)

Wish me luck on this challenge and have a good April Afternoon! (it's raining where I'm at!)