Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April Afternoons (3)

File:Pink flowers Dalat.jpg

April Afternoons happens here at MJAO every Tuesday for the month of April.
(Gosh, it's been a tough week!)
Did you know that April is National Poetry Month?
for famous poems by famous poets go to: http://famouspoetsandpoems.com/top_poems.html

Anyways I don't really know what this blog post is on. (if you look at the date it's Wednesday, because I forgot.)

Oh yes, I finished reading Northanger Abbey!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand why the Which Jane Austen character are you? why I was Catherine Morland. We are a lot alike her and I.
So I'm glad to have finished MJAO book for the month of April--and also for March and February.

I also read a book called Keeping Corner, based on a true story. Highly recommended. It is about a child widow in Gandhi-era India who studies to go to school in the city. When women become widows they had to shave their heads, give up their bangles and jewelry, wear only solemn colors (like black and brown) and have to keep corner--stay in their house for one year.

I also read Farewell to Arms by Hemingway in English Class, but that's for another post.

In my finance class we watched Confessions of a Shopaholic with the red-head. Highly recommended also.
And the movie was based off a book, and there's a series, and the author writes other books too...I'm psyched.

I don't have much to write--or time--so I guess this concludes my April Afternoons post!

Have a good Tuesday (oh, it's really Wednesday, by the way). Have a good one, readers!